Thursday, October 13, 2011

Theme Thursday: Synomyns


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages


This week's theme is Synonmyns. [Pick two snippets that have synonyms in them. Example: If one sentence has "kid" in it. Then the second sentence has "child," "infant," etc.]

Here's mine from Haunted Ground by Erin Hart (pp. 78-9):

"God, you make me suddenly grateful I stuck with history," Robbie said with mock disgust. "The worst thing I can dig up is a lurid eyewitness account, not an actual corpse."

"And no sign of a body?"
"None. Will you help us, Robbie? Find out about any woman who might have been executed in this way--and why."

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Good choices! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

kavyen said...

Oops, you did pick the most scariest word for a synonym. A corpse :) I have not read the Haunted Ground but have it on my TBR pile for a while.