Saturday, October 15, 2011

Challenge Complete: R.I.P. Challenge VI

Banner artwork by Melissa Nucera

Carl V is once again hosting the R. I. P. (R. eaders I. mbibing P. eril VI) Challenge. I found this one a little late last year and missed out on participating. I decided that that was not going to happen this year and jumped in early.

The purpose of the R.I.P. Challenge was--during September and October--to enjoy books that could be classified as:
Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
There were two simple goals for the R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VI Challenge:
1. Have fun reading.
2. Share that fun with others.
And I can say that I've definitely had fun!
Carl had several challenge levels at which participants can join in. I have chosen
Peril the First:
Read four books, any length, that you feel fit the very broad definitions of R.I.P. literature. It could be Stephen King or Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Ian Fleming or Edgar Allan Poe…or anyone in between.
Here is my completed reading list:
2. The Blood Detective by Dan Waddell
3. Haunted Ground by Erin Hart (10/15/11) replaced Ghostly Tales and Sinister Stories of Old Edinburgh by Alan J Wilson, Des Brogan & Frank McGrail (eds)
4. The Devil's Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
5. Beast in View by Margaret Millar

I wound up doing five books because the only thing that really met the criteria for the challenge with the Bierce book was the word "Devil" in the title.

2 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

yea! great job! congrats on finishing

Anonymous said...

Good for you. I still have 2 more books to read for the challenge, Crossing my fingers.