Sunday, October 2, 2011

Theme Thursday: Sorry/Forgiveness

Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

This week's theme is Sorry/Forgiveness.


Here I am doing Theme Thursday on Sunday. I was beginning to think I wasn't going to find anyone who was sorry for or forgiving anything.....Here's my snippet from Have His Carcase by Dorothy L Sayers (p. 151):

"I was all the more sorry about it," said Leila, "because poor darling Paul---"

"Not darling, honey."

"Of course not, Luis--only the poor thing's dead. Anyway, I was sorry because poor Paul seemed to be terribly worried about something. But he didn't confide in me, and what is a girl to do when a man won't confide in her?"

No comments: