Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.Link*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.

*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.

Here's mine from Olga: A Daughter's Tale by Marie-Therese Browne (p. 30):

It strikes me that emancipation hasn't changed much in Jamaica, her present is still very much tied to her past.

8 comments:

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Great teaser - it's saying a lot in just a few words. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

CMash said...

I agree with Julie. But am wondering as to the time frame the story takes place.

Gigi Ann said...

Agree with both Julie and Cheryl. We are always hoping things will change for the better, aren't we?

Bev Hankins said...

At the moment...it's about 1902 in Jamaica. Will be working my way forward in this historical non-ficition/biography.

fredamans said...

Thought provoking teaser.

gautami tripathy said...

Love your teaser!

I am out of my reading slump and adding books to my tbr pile!

Here is my Teaser post!

Peggy@Peggy Ann's Post said...

yea you got Olga's book! Hope you liked it.
here's my Teaser

Yvonne said...

Great teaser. I haven't heard of this one yet.