Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: October 8

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online. (Click picture for close-up.)

Once again I'm running late on posting this week. But, again, I have a REALLY g
ood excuse. My son's Scout Troop is celebrating their 25th anniversary and as part of the festivities they held a reunion camp-out this weekend at the local Boy Scout camp. We had 94 present and former troop members and adult leaders in attendance and the most perfect weather you could ask for. Good times!
My son, the Firemaster (his title while still active in the Troop)--just like old times.



My Eagle Scout and I are standing at the entrance to our camping site.



The huge ceremonial bonfire on Saturday night.


9 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Bonfires are so great; I love sitting around them, feeling the warmth of the fire and friends while talking in the dark

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Looks like a great time!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Ooh, I love the woods and the scent of camping! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Vicki said...

Reminds me of going camping with the Girl Scouts!!

Such fun!!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

You had a lovely weekend for a camp-out. I enjoy the outdoor activities... everything except sleeping in a tent!

bermudaonion said...

I'm so glad the weather cooperated - it looks like y'all had a wonderful time!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This looked like a wonderful time for all - great photos.

Staci said...

I love the Boy Scouts and all their doings...campfires are the best!