Friday, October 7, 2011

Theme Thursday: Antonyms


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages
This week's theme is Antonyms (Pick snippets that have opposites; i.e. if part of it has "open" then the other should have "close," etc.).



Here we go....best I think I'm going to do this week. From Hide and Seek by Wilkie Collins (p. 93)--ooh, we've got antonyms in the title!:

I knew there wasn't another soul in the room but the poor child at that time; and yet, the voice as spoke those words was no more like little Mary's voice, than my voice, sir, is like yours. It sounded somehow, hoarse and low, and deep and faint, all at the same time; the strangest, shockingest voice to come from a child, who always used to speak so clearly and prettily before, that I ever heard.

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, great excerpt! It was a challenge this week, wasn't it?

Thanks for visiting my blog.

kavyen said...

Cool choice. Glad you managed this week, I thought it was a tough one.

Have fun at your camping trip.