Thursday, July 14, 2011

Theme Thursday: Body Parts

Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between the Pages

This week's theme is Body Parts (Hands, feet, fingers, waist, etc.).

Here is my snippet from Unnatural Death by Dorothy L Sayers (p. 116):

No, Charles, I will not wait while you put on a Burberry. Back and side go bare, go bare, hand and foot go cold, so belly-god send us good ale enough, whether it be new or old.

13 comments:

Tea said...

Good one, luv Dorothy Sayers. Would luv to sit down and read all of her mysteries. So relaxing.

Guess what! I posted "vehicles" as the theme. I know. I'm off kelter as usual. Still hope you visit.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/p/theme-thursday.html

Gigi Ann said...

What a great choice of so many body parts. I love the 'belly' one. ; )

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this one sounds intriguing! Thanks for sharing.

Here's MY THEME THURSDAYS POST

Sidne said...

dropping by to read your theme thursday. thanks for the visit.

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
Sounds like the lyrics to a poem of song. How interesting. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Lauren B said...

Wow that's a really great snippet. You seem to cover all the bases.
Thanks for stopping by.

fredamans said...

LOL

Tasha said...

Interesting snippet...

Theme Thursday: Savor the Danger

Jennifer G. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I have read one Dorothy Sayer mystery and found it to be pretty good!

http://www.booksandbarks.com/2011/07/theme-thursday_13.html

Cat said...

That one raised a chuckle. Dorothy Sayers is great fun.
Good choice!

Yvonne said...

Very good one! I've been wanting to read this author. I've heard so many great things but haven't read any of her books.

kavyen said...

Very early and apt snippet. This week is surely yours Bev.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

This made me look up "Burberry" because I wondered whether it was a type of coat that made the back and side go cold. It seems to be a perfectly regular coat, though.

I like the belly-god bit the best. =)

I'm very late this week, but here's mine: Theme Thursday @ Shredded Cheddar