Friday, July 1, 2011

Birthday Book Loot!!!


Today was my birthday! And...as should be the case for all book-lovers, I got books. My husband let me treat myself to some goodies from Amazon (which arrived this past week) and then today we went on a bookstore trip and I picked up some more. Here's what I got:

Official B-day presents from the Hubby:

1. Phi Beta Murder by C. S. Challinor (academic mystery--I can't resist those)
2. The Mind of the Maker by Dorothy L. Sayers (some of her Christian writings)
3. From Sawdust to Stardust: The Biography of DeForest Kelley, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy by Terry Lee Rioux (McCoy is my favorite!)

Bookstore hopping trip (yes, I meant to leave off the "s"):
1.
The Finishing Stroke by Ellery Queen (Pocket size edition!!)
2. Faro's Daughter by Georgette Heyer (classic edition of her Regency Romance)
3. Powder & Patch by Georgette Heyer (classic edition of her Regency Romance)
4.
A First Class Murder by Elliott Roosevelt (An Eleanor Roosevelt mystery with JFK!)
5.
Thank You, Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse
6. The Adventures of Sally by P. G. Wodehouse
7.
The Silence of Herondale by Joan Aiken (Gothic Suspense/Mystery)
8. More Holmes for the Holidays by Martin H. Greenberg, Jon L Lellenberg & Carol-Lynn Waugh (eds)
9. Mr. Timothy by Louis Bayard

12 comments:

Ryan said...

Happy Birthday and enjoy all your new presents!

neer said...

Many happy returns of the day and may each b'day be this lovely. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday and happy reading with some great books! What a lovely treat!

Irene Palfy said...

Oh - Bev! Happy belated birthday!! - I like McCoy, too - but Mr. Spocl will be my favourite for ever!! ;")

Your presents look fantastic - I hope you enjoy them!!

Have a nice weekend!

Armchair_Archives said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a good one! I love to spend my birthdays in bookstores too (as do many of us, I'm sure). Best wishes for the year to come!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

Bev Hankins said...

Thank you, everybody!

Buffy said...

Happy birthday, Bev!

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like a great day!

Teacher/Learner said...

Happy belated birthday & enjoy the loot :)

Yvette said...

Oh, oh, shame on me!!! Belated happy birthday wishes to you, Bev.

I knew you said it was in July, but somehow I thought it was later in the month.

I hope it was a great celebration!

Julie said...

The best birthday ever! LOVE getting to pick books out - although this year, my older daughter decided that I would do better with a new bookcase (already overflowing) to hold the books I already have! Hope it was great!