Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: July 2

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.












For the 4th of July...some pictures of my son's Boy Scout Troop raising, saluting and then lowering the flag at a Court of Honor in July of 2006.

13 comments:

Alyce said...

Great 4th of July photos!

Vicki said...

I remember when my brothers troop did stuff like this. Very touching!
Here's my Snapshot

jlshall said...

Wonderful shots! My hubby was an Eagle Scout - still has all his merit badges and everything.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Great tribute to the holiday! I just realized that my grandniece named "America" is another tribute....

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Paulita said...

Very appropriate for the 4th of July.

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I always feel so proud to be an American when I see photos like this. Thanks for sharing!

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
Happy belated Birthday! Great snapshots! My son was a Cub Scout many moons ago. They a ceremony something like this. I've also joined in on the Follow the Blurb reading challenge. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books

Marie said...

Very nice. Appropriate for this time of year.

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Happy 4th of July to you!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Perfect photos for this weekend.

Staci said...

Great choice...loved these photos!!

Helen's Book Blog said...

I am really looking forward to the July 4th celebrations this year. Have a great weekend with the Boy Scouts!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Great choice of photos for the holiday weekend.