Saturday, July 30, 2011

Library Loot: July 27-Aug 2


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire (The Captive Reader) and Marg (The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader) that encourages bloggers to share the books they've checked out of the library. If you'd like to participate, just write up your post, feel free to steal button, and link up using the Mr. Linky the hosting site each week. And, of course, check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.

The Loot from the Library is a bit sparse again this week. But hold on, because I scored big time at the local used book store and will just have to share in the next post.

1. Shatterday by Harlan Ellison. I loved Elli
son when I was a teenager and heavy into my science fiction addiction. The "Follow That Blurb" challenge that I'm doing has led me back to Ellison. It'll be interesting to see what I think of him now.


click HERE for synopsis

2. Cities in Flight by James Blish. Blish blurbs Ellison--so he's the next stop on the "Follow That Blurb" journey. This is one hefty book though. I may wind up choosing something a little less bulky by Blish.



click HERE for synopsis

No comments: