Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays

MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to ruin the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT participants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser.

Here's mine from Random Walk by Lawrence Block (p. 77):

Well, I don't know as I'd stick it that far. I was never one to walk if I could ride or stand if I could sit. Or sit if I could lay down, far as that goes. But I got to tell you, I been tryin' to drive away from you and not havin' too much success with it. You got any objection to me taggin' along? If either of us don't like it, well, all they got to do is say so and we can go our separate ways.


10 comments:

Julie @ Read Handed said...

Sounds like the start of a friendship (or more)! Great teaser. Thanks for sharing.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I like that character's "voice." I can almost hear the cadence.

Thanks for sharing.

And thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

Aww. How very sweet.

My teaser this week is from ‘Drop Dead Divas’ by Virginia Brown.

Anonymous said...

A great teaser! I can almost see this scene unfolding in front of me :)

Thanks for sharing

Here's my teaser.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good one :)

CMash said...

Love it!! I agree with Laurel-Rain...I can hear it in my mind lol

LunaMoth said...

for some reason i read that with a southern accent lol. great teaser.

http://forevertonowhere.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday_26.html

fredamans said...

Sounds like a piece of a conversation with oneself. Great teaser!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/07/teaser-tuesday_25.html

jlshall said...

Wonderful teaser! I've never read anything by Lawrence Block, but now I'm thinking I should do something about that, pretty quick.

Karen and Gerard said...

Good teaser, wonder if they'll stick it out together.

Here's our teasers: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/07/tuesday-teaser-bond-bottom-of-33rd.html