SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Challenge Complete! What's in a Name 4


I had a lot of fun with this challenge. It was interesting trying to find books that fit each category. And it got me to read some books that I might not have otherwise. I hope Beth decides to go for round 5 next year!

Here's the scoop on the What's In a Name 4 Challenge for 2011 sponsored by Beth at Beth Fish Reads:

Read one book in each of the following categories...

*A book with a number in the title: 5 Bullets by Lee Thayer (read 1/12/30)
*A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: The Eustace Diamonds by Anthony Trollope (2/1/11)

*A book with a size in the title: The Giant Rat of Sumatra by Richard L. Boyer (5/17/11)

*A book with travel or movement in the title: The Dancers in Mourning by Margery Allingham (5/11/11)

*A book with evil in the title: Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (5/5/11)

*A Book with a life stage in the title: Tom Brown's School Days by Thomas Hughes (5/13/11)

Challenge Complete: 5/13/11

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Congratulations Bev!

Teacher/Learner said...

Congrats! I'm working through this challenge too. I'm on #4 of 5.

Nicole, The Book Lover said...

Cograts on completing the challenge, I still have a few books to go myself.
I should involve myself in these challenges more often, they are great for getting to see all kinds of book blogs.
Keep up the good work!
Nicole
http://bookywooks.blogspot.com/