Thursday, May 19, 2011

Theme Thursday: Male Person


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between thePage

This week's theme is Male Person: a description of a man or boy.

Here's mine about a parson/pastor from Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne (p. 20):

--he chose rather to join in the laugh against himself; and as he never carried one single ounce of flesh upon his own bones, being altogether as spare a figure as his beast, --he would sometimes insist upon it that the horse was as good as the rider deserved;--that they were centaur-like,--both of a piece.

11 comments:

Ann said...

Wow - that's an interesting description!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Very different from what I read!

Here's Mine

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I am not sure I understand the description but it's lively! lol

Unknown said...

Interesting, sounds like a fun book :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Fascinating description!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
Sounds like an interesting book. Haven't read this author before. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/thursday-memes.html

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read this book ... yet another to add to the TBR pile! :) I like the passage you chose!

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Ooo, this one has been on my TBR list for a long time, I've heard great things about it!

Mine is from The Rose Without a Thorn, which is a book about Katherine Howard.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by! Interesting pick this week! :)

fredamans said...

Great snippet!

vvb32 reads said...

i like that centaur imagery.