SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Theme Thursday: Male Person


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

Rules
*A theme will be posted each week on Thursday
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from your current book that features the theme
*Post it and don't forget to mention the author and title of the book
*Event is open for the whole week
*Link back to Reading Between thePage

This week's theme is Male Person: a description of a man or boy.

Here's mine about a parson/pastor from Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne (p. 20):

--he chose rather to join in the laugh against himself; and as he never carried one single ounce of flesh upon his own bones, being altogether as spare a figure as his beast, --he would sometimes insist upon it that the horse was as good as the rider deserved;--that they were centaur-like,--both of a piece.

11 comments:

Ann said...

Wow - that's an interesting description!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Very different from what I read!

Here's Mine

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I am not sure I understand the description but it's lively! lol

Unknown said...

Interesting, sounds like a fun book :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Fascinating description!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
Sounds like an interesting book. Haven't read this author before. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/thursday-memes.html

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read this book ... yet another to add to the TBR pile! :) I like the passage you chose!

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Ooo, this one has been on my TBR list for a long time, I've heard great things about it!

Mine is from The Rose Without a Thorn, which is a book about Katherine Howard.

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by! Interesting pick this week! :)

fredamans said...

Great snippet!

vvb32 reads said...

i like that centaur imagery.