Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saturday Snapshot (on Sunday)

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.



I'm a bit behind this week...trying to get back on track after the Blogger debacle. To calm myself down, I took a peek at my NYC pictures and decided to post this one of a terrific little mystery bookstore that I discovered in Greenwich Village. My shirt, by the way, says "Mystery Lover."


7 comments:

Marce said...

Oh I want a shirt that says Mystery Lover, cool picture. I have never seen a book store like that, wow.

Yvonne said...

Great picture! I didn't even know there was a store like that in NYC - I live on Long Island. Maybe someday I can go to it.

Cristina (Rochester Reader) said...

Great photo and what an interesting store! I'd love a shirt like that :-)

CMash said...

Where is that? My kind of store. You should have bought a lot of those shirts and sold them on your blog..you would have sold out...I want one or two lol!!! Great pic!!!

Bev Hankins said...

The shirt was a gift from my husband at some point. I'm not sure where he got it.

J F Norris said...

Great store! I love that part of the village, too. Did you find Otto Penzler's relocated Mysterious Book Shop? well worth a visit for any fan of vintage mysteries like you. A huge assortment - some with the old DJs. And there's always something affordable among the pricier collector's editions. It's in some out of the way street south of TriBeCa. A huge sterile place with no character. I so miss his old store on the upper west side with that spiral staircase that took you to the vintage book section.

Bev Hankins said...

@John: No, I didn't find that one. If I make another trip, I'll be sure and track it down. I was lucky I made it to Partners & Crime. Next NYC trip will be on Bev's agenda and NOT following Aunt Mary's. She tends to run on the same tracks...managed to talk her and the other ladies we were with to hop off the bus in the Village to stop here.