Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Snapshot: May 7

Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce at At Home with Books. All you have to do is "post a photo that you (or a friend or family member) have taken and then leave a direct link to your post in the Mr. Linky on [her] blog. Photos can be old or new, and be of anything as long as they are clean and appropriate for all eyes to see. How much detail you give is up to you." All she asks is that you don't just post random photos that you find online.



A sure sign of May. I love lilies of the valley. I had tried and tried to get them to grow at my house with little success. My mom bought me plants. They seemed to die. Last year my boss gave me some plants and when I went out to put them in the ground, I found that some of the earlier attempts had suddenly sprung up. I had my first blooms that year and managed some repeats this year. I'm hoping for a whole bed of them one of these days.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! My mom could grow anything. I can't grow anything!!

Here's Mine

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Beautiful :) We've got a few plants & flowers popping up now... and I thought our winter would have killed them all off.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I never have luck growing things. How amazing that these finally flourished. Beautiful!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I LOVE the smell of these but hate the way the spread all over the place...LOL Nice photo

Alyce said...

Those are pretty! It's so much fun to see surprise blossoms.

Yvonne @ Fiction Books Reviews said...

Hi Bev,

I love lily-of-the-valley, I had them as part of my wedding bouquet and can always remember the lovely scent.

We have just come home from a short break in Wales, where we visited a lovely garden, that had a large flower bed, full of these lovely dainty flowers. The colour and scent were amazing.

Yvonne

Angie said...

They always remind me of something that should grow in dark damp forest havens. I love them!

BookQuoter said...

Love those flowers too. You have inspired me to plant them thus year! I am so happy you have your first blooms this year.
Happy Mother's day to you!

Leslie (Under My Apple Tree) said...

Once those get established you will have them forever. And they smell nice too. Mine are just popping up this week.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

So delicate and pretty!

Su said...

Very pretty! I love lilies of all sorts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers, if I had a garden I'd definitely have some of those.

bermudaonion said...

Oh wow, I don't think I've ever seen lily-of-the-valley growing. They're beautiful!