Rose City Reader is hosting the European Reading Challenge – where participants tour Europe through books. And win prizes. 2012 is the first year for this challenge. Please join Rose City Reader & me for the Grand Tour!
There are various participation levels and prizes for the levels. Reviews are not required, but if you want to be eligible for prizes then you must post reviews for the books you read. I'm going to commit to:
Five Star (Deluxe Entourage): Read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries.
1. The Doctor Dines in Prague by Robin Hathaway (set in Czech Republic) [3/12/12]
2. Morgue Drawer Four by Jutta Profijt; trans. by Erik J. Macki (German author/set in Germany) [4/7/12]
3. Imagined London: A Tour of the World's Greatest Fictional City by Anna Quindlen (2/10/12)
4. Casino Royale by Ian Fleming (Royale-les-Eaux, France) [3/3/12]
5. The Rose Window & Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (born in Prague; died in Switzerland; poems originally written in German) [3/22/12]
Commitment Complete 4/7/12--but still reading!
6. File No. 113 by Emile Gaboriau (French author/set in France) [7/11/12]
7. The Fire Engine that Disappeared by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö (Sweden) [4/9/12]
8. The Foods of North Italy by Luigi Veronelle (10/27/12) [Italy]
9. DeKok & Murder on the Menu by A. C. Baantjer (7/13/12)(Holland)
10. The Three Evangelists by Fred Vargas (France)