SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Challenge Complete: Getting Lost in a Comfortable Book


Last summer Gina at Book Dragon's Lair solicited our top five comfort reads--books that we love and could read over and over again. She gathered all those together to make up the Getting Lost in a Comfortable Book Challenge.

The rules were simple:

*Go to her site (click link above).
*Select five books from the list that you've never read before.

*Read them.

*If you like, post reviews about them. But if not, she'd like to hear about why you chose the books you did.


Here are the books I decided to read for the challenge:

1.
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (7/18/12)
2.
Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
3. The Cat Who Saw
Red by Lilian Jackson Braun (5/22/12)
4.
The Inn at Lake Devine by Elinor Lipman (5/24/12)
5.
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
 
In short, here's what influenced my choices: the Gaskell book had been on my long TBR list for quite a while. I love Georgette Heyer's books (both Regency romance and mysteries) and Venetia is one I haven't gotten to yet.  I originally chose The Spy Wore Red  as my third book because it takes place during WWII, one of my favorite periods. But I had to change to a Lilian Jackson Braun book.  I could have sworn that The Spy Wore Red was available at my library when I made this list.  It is no longer.  The Lipman book just sounded good when I read the synopsis. And Anne of Green Gables was one of those books that it seems like everyone in the world has read but me--I decided to change that.
 
 

3 comments:

Book Dragon said...

Woo Hoo!

Anne of Green Gables is on my list too, I thought I was the only one in the world who hadn't read it yet ;-)

Moniquereads said...

Congratulation of completing the Challenge.

pamlovesbooks said...

i'm so jealous. congrats!