Friday, July 20, 2012

My Life in Literature 2012 (so far)





Adam over at Roof Beam Reader has posted a 2012 version of this meme (prompted by Jillian).  I can't resist doing these...so here's my life based on the books I've read so far in 2012.
 

Describe myself: Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett
How do I feel: The Morning After Death by Nicholas Blake (headache!)
Describe where I currently live: The House of a Thousand Candles by Meredith Nicholas
If I could go anywhere, where I would go: Imagined London: A Tour of the World's Greatest Fictional City by Anna Quindlen
My favorite form of transportation
: The Fire Engine That Disappeared by Maj Sjöwall, Per Wahlöö
My best friend(s) is/are: Such Friends Are Dangerous by Walter Tyrer
My friends and I are: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore (and gentlewomen)
What's the weather like: The Golden Scorpion by Sax Rohmer (stinging heat!)
Favorite Time of Day: The Ink Dark Moon trans by Jane Hirshfield w/Mariko Aratani
What is life to you: The Last Escape by E. C. R. Lorac
You fear: The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells
What is the best advice you have to give: [Don't give your] Prayers to Broken Stones by Dan Simmons
Thought for the day: The Nine Wrong Answers by John Dickson Carr
How I would like to die: O' Artful Death by Sarah Stewart Taylor
My soul's present condition: Timeless by Gail Carriger

2 comments:

Man of la Book said...

LOL, got a kick out of this.

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Ryan said...

I still need to read The Invisible Man. Great choices.