Sunday, July 29, 2012

Going for the Gold!: Olympic Read-A-Thon

The 2012 Olympics are running from July 27th – August 12th and Random House of Canada is sponsoring a reading challenge for those of us who have Olympic-size TBR piles to conquer!
OlympicMedals2

I've got a HUGE TBR pile (think of a whole mountain range of Everests), so I’ll be participating and joining in the fun! @RandomHouseCA will be using the hashtag #OlympicReadathon to chat about progress on Twitter, so be sure to join in the conversation and encourage your friends and family to join our challenge.  I don't have a Twitter account....so I'll be keeping track of my progress here on the blog.  My goal is 1500 pages.

Sign up here and set your Olympic Page Reading Goal! Be sure to keep track of how you’re doing throughout the Olympics!
Grab the button to share with the world that you’ve joined our Olympic Readathon!
Let's see how many gold medals we can bring home!


Thanks to Michelle at The True Book Addict for bringing this one to my attention!


Reading List:
1. Murder at the Portland Variety by M. J. Zellnik (317 pages) [Complete 7/29/12]
2. Surprised by Joy by C. S. Lewis (238 pages) [Complete 7/31/12] 
3. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen (307 pages so far) 
4. The Key by Patricia Wentworth (236 pages) [Complete 8/5/12]
5. Mysterious Incidents at Lone Rock by Rajendra Pillai (248 pages) [8/6/12] 
6. Gideon's Month by J. J. Marric (158 pages) [8/7/12]
7. The Anatomy of Death  by Felicity Young (307 pages) [8/10/12]

1811 pages total: Gold Medal-plus!


1 comment:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Bev, I'm glad I was able to let you know about this. Good luck reaching your goal!