SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Monday, July 30, 2012

Challenge Complete: 12 in 2012


12 in '12
2012 Reading Challenge
LibraryThing group
group home page


This was a fairly unstructured challenge hosted on LibraryThing.  I'm not a member of LibraryThing, but one of my fellow bloggers is, so I picked it up from her.  All we had to do was read books from 12 different categories in 2012--any categories we wanted.  We could read as many books in each category as we wanted.  The format was absolutely up to us.  Since I go a little challenge-crazy each year, I decided to just read one book in each category.  I actually finished this one on July 21 with the O. Henry short story collection and just realized that I never posted a wrap-up.  So here it is and below are my 12 categories and the books read for each.

1. Regency Romance
Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
2. Children's Classics
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
3. Vintage Mystery (you all know I'll read more than one of these)
The Greenwell Mystery by E. C. R. Lorac (3/3/12)
4. Banned/Challenged Books
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (7/12/12)
5. Plays/Drama
The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare (6/30/12)
6. Cozy Mystery
Silver & Guilt by Cynthia Smith (4/9/12)
7. Biography
From Sawdust to Stardust: The Biography of DeForest Kelley, Star Trek's Dr. McCoy by Terry Lee Rioux (3/14/12)
8. Short Story Collection
The Four Million & Other Stories by O. Henry (7/21/12)

9. Science Fiction
My Name is Legion by Roger Zelazny (1/4/12)

10. Poetry
The Rose Window and Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
11. Horror

 Drac­ula by Bram Stoker (4/25/12)
12. Graphic Novel

 The League of Extra­or­di­nary Gen­tle­men by Alan Moore (4/6/12)

No comments: