Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Challenge Complete: Getting Lost in a Comfortable Book


Last summer Gina at Book Dragon's Lair solicited our top five comfort reads--books that we love and could read over and over again. She gathered all those together to make up the Getting Lost in a Comfortable Book Challenge.

The rules were simple:

*Go to her site (click link above).
*Select five books from the list that you've never read before.

*Read them.

*If you like, post reviews about them. But if not, she'd like to hear about why you chose the books you did.


Here are the books I decided to read for the challenge:

1.
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (7/18/12)
2.
Venetia by Georgette Heyer (4/7/12)
3. The Cat Who Saw
Red by Lilian Jackson Braun (5/22/12)
4.
The Inn at Lake Devine by Elinor Lipman (5/24/12)
5.
Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)
 
In short, here's what influenced my choices: the Gaskell book had been on my long TBR list for quite a while. I love Georgette Heyer's books (both Regency romance and mysteries) and Venetia is one I haven't gotten to yet.  I originally chose The Spy Wore Red  as my third book because it takes place during WWII, one of my favorite periods. But I had to change to a Lilian Jackson Braun book.  I could have sworn that The Spy Wore Red was available at my library when I made this list.  It is no longer.  The Lipman book just sounded good when I read the synopsis. And Anne of Green Gables was one of those books that it seems like everyone in the world has read but me--I decided to change that.
 
 

3 comments:

Book Dragon said...

Woo Hoo!

Anne of Green Gables is on my list too, I thought I was the only one in the world who hadn't read it yet ;-)

Moniquereads said...

Congratulation of completing the Challenge.

pamlovesbooks said...

i'm so jealous. congrats!