Monday, July 23, 2012

High Summer Read-a-Thon: Wrap-up

Michelle from The True Book Addict hosted one of her seasonal read-a-thons this past weekend.  Her read-a-thons a great because no pressure, no challenges and read as much as you want to.   And it's a good thing there was no pressure--because I didn't read near the amount I planned.  I'd hoped to finish at least four books (but really wanted to complete 5 or 6), but that just simply didn't happen.  We'll see if I can do any better come fall....



Here's the final tally:

1. North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell: begun 7/16 (finisehd 7/18/12) [451 pages]
2. The Four Million & Other Stories by O. Henry: begun 7/18 (finished 7/21/12) [189 pages]
3.The Fifth Man by Manning Coles: begun 7/21/12 (finished 7/21/12) [190 pages

2 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

Hey, you did great! Classics are slower reads too. I was reading Anna Karenina and I certainly didn't get very far!

Thank you for joining me and I hope you will be with us again for FrightFall in October.

Gram said...

I love Manning Coles!!! Dee