Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Wrapup & Pick of the Month

I am continuing my monthly statistic-gathering and combining that wrap-up post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.



My June totals are down, making for three months in a row--I'm getting a little worried. And Goodreads says I'm actually three books behind.  Better get busy.  Here we go on the totals...

Total Books Read: 12
Total Pages:  2,696

Percentage by Female Authors:  33%
Percentage by US Authors:  67%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors:  8%
Percentage Mystery: 58%
Percentage Fiction: 92%
Percentage written 2000+: 25%
Percentage of Rereads: 8%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.}  
Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 9 (27%)



AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month.  This month I read 7 books that count as mysteries and, of those, I handed out only one four-star rating.  So, this month's lucky winner is Something to Kill For by Susan Holtzer, an engaging cozy debut in a series starring
Anneke Haagen.  This one gives us death by garage sale.

 

2 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Well, hi there the Challenge Queen!! ; ) I only joined 9 challenges and have completed 7 of them. Like you I try to read as many books as fits the challenges. I've got 4 more to go to complete my Mount TBR Challenge.

I did my Six Month Round-Up yesterday. I feel like this year has just started and it is half over. I guess as we age the years go faster.

fredamans said...

Happy July reading.... I'm like 17 or 18 behind my pace. LOL