Thursday, February 17, 2011

Theme Thursday: Love


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages

A brand-new meme brought to my attention by Freda's Voice.

RULES:
* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week

This week's theme, appropriately, is LOVE.

Here's my snippet from Something New by P. G. Wodehouse (p 85-6):

In every man's life there is generally one moment to which in later years he can look back and say, "In this moment I fell in love." Such a moment came to Ashe now....In the almost incredibly brief time which it took the small but sturdy porter to roll a milk-can across the platform and bump it with a clang against other milk-cans similarly treated a moment before, Ashe fell in love.



7 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful! I never heard of this book but I think I'm going to search for it on amazon haha

kavyen said...

Milk cans and Love... Hmm, an interesting combination. Good Theme Thursday Post you have here Bev.

Thanks for participating

Cat said...

I haven't read P G W for years - it's probably time I did. Wonderful quote.

Tasha said...

Nice! I too have not heard of this author, but the snippet is great!

Yvonne said...

Wonderful snippet!

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Aww, that's so sweet! I wonder if it's really true :)

Mine is from Delirium:
http://www.dorolerium.com/?p=2293

Buffy said...

I've still got your review for this one up in a tab, awaiting a vacancy in my library holds account. :) And can I just say that I hope for another moment like that in my life again someday?

Here's mine:

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2011/02/theme-thursdays-sleeping-murder-by.html