SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling himself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does NOT represent me or anything associated with my blog. I DO NOT endorse anything that he claims.There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books! A message to Luigi: Please cease and desist contacting authors (or anyone) in my name or claiming to represent this reading challenge. You absolutely DO NOT.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

As My Whimsy Takes Me Challenge



Cristina at Rochester Reader is sponsoring the As My Whimsy Takes Me Reading Challenge. All Lord Peter Wimsey all the time. How could I resist? (I know I say that about every challenge...)

If you'd like to join in, the more the merrier! She will be reading the books in chronological order and we are welcome to join her in that endeavor or just dip in and out during the year. It's quite informal but a review of the books you read would be appreciated. Help yourself to the button above and link your reviews and/or posts back to her page as well as a comment on the post so she can add your review.

Books (in order of publication):

1. Whose Body? (1923) [read 3/25/11]
2. Clouds of Witness (1926) [read 5/25/11]
3. Unnatural Death (1927) [read 7/15/11]
4. Lord Peter Views the Body (1928) [Short Story Collection] (read 8/28/11)
5. The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (1928) [read 8/29/11]
6. Strong Poison (1930) [read 9/15/11]
7. Five Red Herrings (1931) [read 9/17/11]
8. Have His Carcase (1932) [read 10/2/11]
9. Hangman's Holiday (1933) [Short Story Collection incl. non-Wimsey stories] (read 10/29)
10. Murder Must Advertise (1933) [read 11/1/11]
11. The Nine Tailors (1934) [read 1/3/11]
12. Gaudy Night (1935) [read 11/23/11]
13. Busman's Honeymoon (1937) [read 11/27/11]
14. In the Teeth of the Evidence (1939) [read the final Wimsey stories 11/27/11]
15. Striding Folly (1972) [read 11/27/11}

Optional (books by Jill Paton Walsh):

16. Thrones, Dominations (1998) [unfinished manuscript completed by Jill Paton Walsh]
17. A Presumption of Death (2002)
18. The Attenbury Emeralds (2010)


3 comments:

Cristina (Rochester Reader) said...

Hi and thank you for visiting my blog! I'm so glad you've joined the Challenge and thanks for including the details in your post.
I look forward to reading your thoughts about the novels and will visit your charming blog often. I'm also a mystery fan and I'm very tempted to join your Vintage Mystery Challenge! :-)

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I have never read Dorothy Sayers. Sounds like an interesting challenge.

Good luck!

Take care,
Michelle

Unknown said...

I've never heard of this author.. maybe I'll need to look around a bit more