SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Feeling Jumpy: Book Blogger Hop Feb 4-7


It's Friday and that means it's time for the Book Blogger Hop sponsored by Crazy-For-Books. It's a time to talk about books and blogging and to venture out on the internet and visit other blogs. Hop on the link to participate.

I haven't been out on the Hop for a while, but I'm feeling a bit jumpy this weekend and thought it was time to join in again. This week's Hop question is: What are you reading now and why are you reading it?


At the moment I am reading All Booked Up by Terrie Curran. I am reading it for a variety of Reading Challenges that I've signed up for (A-Z Mystery Author, A-Z Reading Challenge, 100+ Reading Challenge, Outdo Yourself, etc). I am also reading it because it's a mystery and not just any mystery--but an academic mystery (I love those!)--which has been on my TBR shelf for way too long.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just hopping by and following through!
I just finished up a great mystery!

Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
www.bookdout.wordpress.com

Teacher/Learner said...

Wow, that's great that 1 book counts for so many challenges! Have a great weekend :)

Jennifer said...

Lots of challenges! :) I'm overdue for a good mystery read.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. New follower!
Have you figured out what you're going to read for X of the A-Z challenge? I think that'd be hard.
My Hop

Chelle said...

An academic mystery? I didn't know there was such a thing!

Bev Hankins said...

I dub a mystery as an "academic mystery" when it has one of the following: professor/teacher as amatuer detective; professor/teacher as victim/killer; and/or the mystery takes place in a school or university setting. Amanda Cross has a fabulous series with Professor Kate Fansler solving mysteries.

Elizabeth said...

Hopping by from the blog hop....first-time visitor.

Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer and to read my reviews.

Have a fun hop.

http://silversolara.blogspot.com