SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WWW: Wednesdays


WWW: Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you just recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current:
Why Shoot a Bulter? by Georgette Heyer. I love that this is a play on the old "The butler did it." And after all, why would anyone want to shoot a butler? I'm going to find out.


Finished Since Last Wednesday (click titles for reviews):
Zorro: A Novel
by Isabel Allende (well not really finished, but here's my thoughts on why)

The Lost Garden by Helen Humphreys
Use Trouble: Poems by Michael S Harper
Flying Finish by Dick Francis
A Flaw in the Blood by Stephanie Barron
A Graveyard to Let by Carter Dickson
The Eustace Diamonds by Anthony Trollope

Up Next:
Lord of Misrule by Jaimy Gordon (impatiently waiting for this one to be available from the library)
Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald: An American Woman's Life by Linda Wagner-Martin OR
Zubin Mehta: the Score of My Live by Zubin Mehta (I am in need of a new "Z" book to replace the Zorro which I could not finish. These two auto/biographies looked like interesting candidates. I may wind up reading both.)

OR any of the other 90-some books I've got lined up for my 20-some challenges....



3 comments:

CMash said...

Bev: I just have one question....when do you sleep lol? You sure had a great reading week.

Bev Hankins said...

Sleep? I'm supposed to sleep? :-) It's useful when Mother Nature decides to send weather that prevents one from being at work as much as one should.....

Aleksandra said...

I want to find out, too :) Happy reading!