SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Love Stories


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're being asked to list our Top Ten Love Stories. So, happy Valentine's Day a little late and here we go (in no particular order)....

1. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. Scarlett & Rhett
2. Strong Poison; Have His Carcase; Gaudy Night; & Busman's Honeymoon by Dorothy L Sayers. Lord Peter Wimsey & Harriet Vane
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Jane & Mr. Rochester
4. Persuasion by Jane Austen. Anne Elliott & Cpt. Wentworth
5. Miranda by Grace Livingston Hill. Miranda & Alan
6. Crimson Roses by Grace Livingston Hill. Marion Warren & Jeff Lyman
7. Series by Laurie R. King. Mary Russell & Sherlock Holmes
8. Series by Kerry Greenwood. Phryne Fisher & Lin Chung
9. Arabella by Georgette Heyer Arabella Tallant & Robert Beaumaris
10. The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer. Ancilla Trent & Sir Waldo Hawkridge

7 comments:

Irene Palfy said...

So many of these books are on my TBR! :")
Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment!! :")

Red said...

I think this is one of the first lists I've seen that doesn't have Pride & Prejudice on it, though I see Austen is still represented!

Falaise said...

We both included Wimsey and Vane so I'm pleased about that!

Bev Hankins said...

@Red: I like Pride & Prejudice...but I much prefer Persuasion.

Audra said...

Anne & Wentworth! YES!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Scarlett and Rhett. Sighs. I've seen them pop up on a lot of lists today!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've not read any of the classic mystery writers you include here. I hope to read my first Sherlock Holmes in the summer.

Thank you for your list.