SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Dynamic Duos


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're being asked to list our Top Ten Dynamic Duos: These are the BFFs, partners in crime, powerful couples, and general groups of awesome people that I just can't get out of my head!

1. Lord Peter Wimsey & Bunter &/or Lord Peter Wimsey & Harriet Vane
2. Pooh & Christopher Robin &/or Pooh & Piglet
3. Tommy & Tuppence (Agatha Christie)
4. Holmes & Watson
5. Anne Elliot & Cpt. Wentworth
6. Phileas Fogg & Passepartout (Around the World in 80 Days)
7. Hercule Poroit & Cpt. Hastings
8. Nancy Drew & Bess (&/or George)
9. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
10. Dorian Gray & Lord Henry

And I forgot....Pam & Jerry North.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I cry every time I read the scene when Christopher Robin goes off to school and he is saying good-bye to Pooh.

Poirot and Hastings are a good pair too.

Katie said...

Ooh, Jekyll and Hyde is a good one! Nice list!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

I just finished Murder on the Orient Express and loved the character of Hercule Poroit.

Yvette said...

I could have added all the ones you listed, Bev. But we share Holmes and Watson. They show up on almost every list, that's for sure. I often wonder if Conan Doyle is spinning in his grave to think that Holmes and Watson are still so much revered. ;)

Birdie said...

We *do* have a few pairs in common, eh? Lord Peter/Bunter/Harriet for the win!

gautami tripathy said...

This is a VERY good list! I forgot Nancy Drew!


Here is my Top Ten Picks post!