Saturday, March 12, 2011

Library Loot March 9-15: Take Two


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire (The Captive Reader) and Marg (The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader) that encourages bloggers to share the books they've checked out of the library. If you'd like to participate, just write up your post, feel free to steal button, and link up using the Mr. Linky on Marg's site this week. And, of course, check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.

Made a second trip to the library this week and came home with another load.

From the library itself: The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. I put this in my hold requests back in January, I think, and for some reason it was put in my "In Progress" file and then taken out again--where it sat for all this time. I ordered it up for my Gothic Reading Challenge. I've seen the play (put on locally), but have never read the book. According to the book flap: "The Woman in Black is both a brilliant exercise in atmosphere and controlled horror and a delicious spine-tingler--proof positive that that neglected genre, the ghost story, isn't dead after all."

And a huge coup at the library used/donated bookstore....Somebody had just donated a whole stack of Ruth Rendell novels. Nearly all on my TBR list. I snatched up every one I "needed." They are:

A Sleeping Life
The Babes in the Woods
Shake Hands Forever
Not in the Flesh
No More Dying Then
Murder Being Once Done

I don't know when I'll get to the Rendells--I've got a boatload of reading to do for various challenges. But they'll be there when I'm ready.


2 comments:

Carol said...

Memories of Ruth Rendall books many years ago.

I have been a good girl and reserved 3 titles from my local library this week :)

carol

Bev Hankins said...

I was on a big Rendell reading kick for a while about 10-15 years ago. But didn't manage to read them all. Looks like it's time to start up again.