Saturday, March 26, 2011

Vintage Mystery Congratulations


Vintage Mystery Challengers....We have another winner! Carol K Carr has just wrapped up the "Take 'Em to Trial" level in the Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge. Way to go Carol! Be sure and check out her reviews on the progress post--they are well-written and she has chosen some lesser known vintage authors that just might strike your fancy. The prize list has been sent to her and she'll soon have another mystery to read.

Oh, and by the way, Carol isn't just a mystery-lover. She's a bona fide mystery author. She has penned the very fine India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery (click for my review of the ARC edition). Although it is not a vintage mystery, it is set in the vintage Victorian period and is a terrific book. I highly recommend that you run out and get this and add it to your TBR piles.



A reminder about challenge completion and prizes:

When you've finished your challenge level and are ready to collect a prize, send me an email at phryne1969 AT gmail DOT com. I will then send you a list of available prizes. All prizes are fair to fine reading copies of mysteries. Most are by vintage authors and are duplicates that I've accumulated through forgetfulness (I could have sworn I didn't have a copy of....) or because I've found a better copy. Better for me may mean anything from a first edition or a pocket-size edition (I love those little books) or just one that has a really cool cover and doesn't necessarily speak to the condition.

No comments: