Friday, March 4, 2011

Color Coded Reading Challenge

Looking over the books I've read so far this year, I realized that I seem to have a bit of a theme going. I don't mean with my designated reading challenges. I seem to be reading a lot of books that have colors in the title. That's when I decided to put together another challenge to tempt all you Reading Challenge Addicts out there. So, for your challenge reading pleasure, I introduce The Color Coded Reading Challenge:






Here are the rules:

*Read nine books in the following categories.
1. A book with "Blue" in the title.
2. A book with "Red" in the title.
3. A book with "Yellow" in the title.
4. A book with "Green" in the title.
5. A book with "Brown" in the title.
6. A book with "Black" in the title.
7. A book with "White" in the title.
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Turquoise, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).

*Even though I'm posting this a bit late, this is a challenge for 2011. Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2011 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.

*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.

*Please post about the challenge on your blog.

*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url.

I will post a REVIEW page for where you can post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge.

*No blog? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.



10 comments:

J F Norris said...

I could do this and use only books from the Travis McGee series and not read anyone else! Is that cheating? Probably. I'm in. I'll try to be well rounded in my choices.

Bev Hankins said...

@John: Yeah, I thought of the McGee series...I'm not so into those. But, hey, I didn't say it had to be different authors.....

Annie said...

I like the challenge's idea ! I have several books with the name of a color in my reading list, and I read one of them in february.
Excuse my English, I'm French !

Sophia said...

This will be my first ever reading challenge, and a nice gentle one to get me started. Look forward to seeing what everyone will choose.

Anja K. said...

Fun challenge, I am looking forward to it! I have a volume of Sherlock Holmes that I have been meaning to get into, so I can even use A Study in Scarlet for this challenge :)

Annie said...

I just posted a fisrt list of the books I want to read. I read yet two of them and I gave the dates of my reviews.Ididn't well understand where I have to post this message. Help welcome !

Story said...

I am a little late joining this challenge. However, several books from my gothic reading challenge will crossover to this challenge, so I thought I would give it a try! I am a new book blogger. . .follow me if you like! Happy Reading!

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
Wonderful idea for a reading challenge. I've posted my list of books and linked back to you. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-reading-challenge.html

Darlene said...

Hi, there! Just came across your site. This looks like a fun challenge! Do audio books count?

Anja K. said...

I finished the challenge, and my blog post that has links to reviews is here:

http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/color-coded-reading-challenge.html

Thanks for hosting this challenge, I really enjoyed it! I hope you do it again in 2012!