Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What's on Your Nightstand? March Edition


What's On Your Nightstand is a monthly meme hosted by 5 Minutes for Books on the fourth Tuesday of every month. http://www.5minutesforbooks.com/ --to discuss what's on our nightstands (or bookshelf or under the bed or even in the bathroom) waiting to be read. We can also give a quick recap of what we've read that month, set a goal for the next month or take picture of all the books waiting to be read. It's also a place to tell how certain books made it to the nightstand (stack, whatever) and ask for suggestions for more. She just wants to offer a place for book lovers to get together.

I somehow completely missed last month...not sure how that happened. But here's a photo of what's on (and beside) nightstand at the moment:


It's not the greatest picture, but the stacks include The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Ten Little Herrings by L. C. Tyler, Death of a Chimney Sweep by M. C. Beaton,
Monsieur Lecoq by Emile Gaboriau, The Hollow Lands by Michael Moorcock, A Question of Time by Helen McCloy, Behold, Here's Poison by Georgette Heyer, and Jerusalem Inn by Martha Grimes as well as many others that I just had to have at one time or another. What the picture doesn't show are the two other bookcases in the room and stacks of books all over the place.....I think I'm addicted. Oh, and I forgot to mention the current read on the bed....Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker.


6 comments:

Nancy@5M4B said...

I haven't read any of the books you listed but I love the picture of your bookshelf. :)

Oh and congrats on your Eagle Scout! My son is a Cub Scout and my husband and I are both on the committee that started the pack at his school.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I hear ya about books being stacked all over!!

Thanks for linking up.

Suzie said...

I love that snapshot, it's what I'd like for myself.

Awesome news about your son. Congrats.

Birdie said...

Oooooh, except for the fact that I can't even meet my current blogging commitments, I'd have to take this one up too. What a cool idea!

My books are scattered all over the house, so I'd have to have a couple of pictures.

Cassandra said...

I haven't read any of the books on your pile, but it looks like a great stack! Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! I LOVE your nightstand :) Guess we book lovers all respond to that :) And congrats to your son as well!