Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT particpants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's mine from The Woman in Black by Susan Hill (pp. 79-80):

So I thought that night, as I laid my head on the soft pillow and fell eventually into a restless, shadowy sleep, across which figures came and went, troubling me, so that once or twice I half-woke myself, as I cried out or spoke a few incoherent words, I sweated, I turned and turned about, trying to free myself from the nightmares, to escape from my own semi-conscious sense of dread and foreboding, and all the time, piercing through the surface of my dreams, came the terrified whinnying of the pony and the crying and calling of that child over and over, while I stood helpless in the mist, my feet held fast, my body pulled back, and while behind me, though I could not see, only sense, her dark presence hovered, the woman. [One sentence!]

13 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds good! Thanks for sharing!!

My teaser this week is from ‘Mad Love’ by Suzanne Selfors

jlshall said...

Great teaser! I read this one a while back and really enjoyed it. Very spooky.
Here's my tease.

Shirley said...

That is one long and exciting sentence! Sounds like a page turner!

CMash said...

Wow..one very long sentence. But need to know who is the woman who is hovering and invading the dream. Good teaser!!!

gautami tripathy said...

It sounds good to me!

I have to check it out!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Therapy by Sedastian Fitzek post!

Audra said...

eeek! Sounds deliciously creepy!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow! That is some sentence...it's the kind that literally leaves you breathless.

Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

fredamans said...

Breathe.

LOL

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday_15.html

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Wow that is a really long sentence!! Great teaser!

Sandy N. said...

Wow! That's one heck of a long sentence. Intriguing. I've added The Woman in Black to my TBR list.

My teaser is here: http://iousex.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

A fascinating, eerie teaser! I feel a little shiver running up my spine!
A long sentence, too, but I like it!

Amy's Tuesday teaser!

Cat said...

Wonderful super-long-sentence teaser. I've had this on my list for ages but so far no luck in finding it.

Playing Librarian said...

Wow, quite a sentence! Love it =)