Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Read My Review: Science Fiction


Read My Review, hosted by A Trillian Books, is a chance for book bloggers to share new and old reviews--all related to a theme.

What to do:

*Find one of your reviews that fits this week's theme (you can be as creative as you like when choosing what fits). It can be new or old, good or bad.
*Create a post on you blog explaining your book choice and leaving a link to your review there.
*Leave your link with Mr. Linky at the bottom of her post [Blog Name (Book Title)].
*Visit some of the other reviews and leave a "quality" comment (at least a couple of sentences).
*Grab the button and let people know about Read My Review.

This week's theme is Sci-Fi, in honor of Trillian's excitement over the new Tron movie. My choice this week is Damnation Alley by Roger Zelazny. Once upon a time (from about age 12 through college), I was a BIG science fiction fan. I still like Bradbury, Asimov, Clarke, Silverburg and all the other Golden Age SF writers, but I don't read them as often. I picked up the Zelazny this book as part of the Birth Year Reading Challenge I participated in. I had forgotten what a marvelous writer Zelazny is. Click the title to Read My Review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My only Zelzany is "Lord of Light" and that was years ago. I think I may need to add this one to my ever growing pile of to be read books. :)