Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday



Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme now hosted by Katy over at A Few More Pages. How to participate: Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you like, let us know what your first impressions were based on the first line, and let us know why you did or did not like the sentence. Link up over at Katy's page every Friday.

Here is mine from The Long Skeleton by Frances & Richard Lockridge:

The sweep hand of the electric wall clock trotted downstairs to "30" and began to trot up again. an assistant director held his right hand beyond his right ear, the index finger pointed upward.


My thoughts: There have certainly been more exciting beginnings to a story. If I weren't well acquainted with the Lockridges (and know that I love their books), I might doubt whether I wanted to plunge into this one.

3 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

Great. I think Ill try this, too. Give me a few minutes to get my hands on the book I'm reading and create my post. Sound fun. I'm not familiar with the Lockridges. Are they children's authors or adult?
Anne
http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'm not familiar with these authors, but now I'm curious. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Katy said...

Hmmm, yeah, not the most gripping first lines. But it sounds like the authors' books are worth it!

Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!