SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading?, a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over to Journey and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what your are reading.


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
A Christmas Grace by Anne Perry (finished last Monday)
Miss Hildreth Wore Brown: Anecdotes of a Southern Belle by Olivia deBelle Byrd
A Foreign Affair by Caro Peacock
Behold, a Mystery! by Joan Smith
Dead Man's Chest by Kerry Greenwood

Reading Now:
India Black: A Madam of Espionage Mystery by Carol K. Carr (ARC). In the winter of 1876, the beautiful young madam India Black is occupied with her usual tasks--keeping her tarts in line, avoiding the police, and tolerating the clergyman bent on converting her girls. But when Sir Archibald Latham of the War Office dies from a heart attack while visiting her brothel, India is unexpectedly thrust into a deadly game between Russian and British agents who are seeking the military secrets Latham carried.

Mistletoe Mysteries collected by Charlotte MacLeod. A collection of Christmas mystery short stories. I started this one as part of the Time to Relax & Holiday Read-a-thons that I participated in over the weekend.

Books that spark my interest:
Christmas Stalkings collected by Charlotte MacLeod (Christmas Challenge book)Death in Hellfire by Deryn Lake

5 comments:

Hannah said...

I preparation for going to a Revels performance, I'm reading Thomas Hardy's Under the Greenwood Tree. It has a lovely Christmas scene in it!

jlshall said...

A lot of people seem to be reading "Miss Hildreth" right now. Sounds like a fun book. And the Charlotte MacLeod books are the perfect thing to be reading at this time of year! I might have to give them a try.

Marce said...

You are really into the holiday books, great stuff.

My post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

Jennifer said...

I'm reading Emma, by Jane Austen. I'm also doing my best to restrain myself from opening my gift, Santa! Thank you so much, I was having a crappy day and it definitely brightened things up!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I also got Miss Hildreth this week...I'm excited to begin reading it, but that'll probably be next week.

Here's my Monday:

(click my name)