Thursday, December 9, 2010

Booking Through Thursday


This week Booking Through Thursday asks us: Do you ever crave reading crappy books?

At first I wasn't even going to answer....I mean it seems to me that the answer is obvious. No. Why in the world would I deliberately want to read a crappy book? My TBR list is long enough as it is--full of books which I actually believe are going to be good, if not awesome. Now, I may sit down with a book that looks/sounds like a winner and find out that it's crappy. But that's a different story. Then, I have to decide if I want to spend the time trying to finish it and hope that it gets better or if I just want to quit and move on. But grab something that I believe will be awful from the beginning? Absolutely not. That's why I'm not bothering with Twilight. My apologies to anyone who's a fan...as others have said one person's crap is another person's treasure. That's why garage sales make what money they do.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I don't crave crappy books. Check out my answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

Mary Grace said...

Crappy or not, it is based on somebody's preference in books. Everybody has their own opinions. Head over Clandestine Sanctuary to know what I think about this question.

Anonymous said...

Booking Through Thursday


Do ever crave reading crappy books?

Sometimes you just want to turn your mind off and be entertained. They're like romantic comedy chick flicks.

Anonymous said...

I don't crave crappy books, but I do sometimes crave books that others would define as crappy - I can think of some cheesy romances that fall into that categor, but I still love them.

Suzie said...

Just occasionally. I love a series of crappy books I used to read when I was young, I knew how bad they were then but I still read them.