Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chalk Up Another Challenge


I actually finished my challenge yesterday (March 23) with Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker, but hadn't had a chance to get my wrap-up together. Considering that I already had a color-theme going on when I decided to sponsor this challenge, this wasn't a lot of work. The hardest color to take care of wound up being White. I started Eight White Nights by Andre Aciman, but just could not trudge my way through that one. And then when Lair of the White Worm (short as it was at about 120 pages) seemed to drag, I thought I might have to start yet another White book. But I vanquished the worm and the challenge is now complete!

*Read nine books in the following categories.

1. A book with "Blue" in the title.
The Girl in Blue by P. G. Wodehouse (3/12/11)
2. A book with "Red" in the title.
The Trail of the Red Diamonds by L. Ron Hubbard (3/11/11)
3. A book with "Yellow" in the title.
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee (3/7/11)
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop by Lewis Buzbee (3/7/11)
4. A book with "Green" in the title.
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippmann (2/15/11)
5. A book with "Brown" in the title.
The Man in the Brown Suit by Agatha Christie (3/20/11)
6. A book with "Black" in the title.Black Orchids by Rex Stout (1/21/11)
The Woman in Black by Susan Hill (3/15/11)
7. A book with "White" in the title.
Lair of the White Worm by Bram Stoker (3/23/11)
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Turquoise, Pink, Magneta, etc.).
The Chinese Orange Mystery by Ellery Queen (1/13/11)
9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
Colour Scheme by Ngaio Marsh (3/1/11)

No comments: