Wednesday, February 23, 2011

WWW: Wednesdays


WWW: Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you just recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current: McKee of Centre Street by Helen Reilly (another of my vintage mysteries). This is a detective novel of Centre Street and the New York police. In it you will meet Inspector McKee, tight-lipped, cold-eyed, a hunter of men and the most absorbing sleuth since Lieutenant Valcour. I'm not very far into to it, but this strikes me as a very early police procedural. The story centers on the death of a dancer at a high-tone speakeasy. Who shot Rita Rodriguez as she twirled and whirled on the dance stage?

Read Since Last Wednesday (click titles for reviews):
Something New by P. G. Wodehouse
The Silk Stocking Murders by Anthony Berkeley
Zubin Mehta: The Score of My Life by Zubin Mehta
The Thornthwaite Inheritance by Gareth P Jones

Up Next:
Leave It To Psmith by P. G. Wodehouse: The next Blandings Castle book for my Wodehouse Challenge.
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson (need to get started on my Gothic Challenge)

4 comments:

CMash said...

Just stopping by to make sure you didn't fall off the wagon...waves waves

SueH said...

Hope you don't mind me tagging along - this challenge looks great so I've signed up for it too! Love your blog by the way - so many interesting things to see!

Teacher/Learner said...

I loved Shirley Jackson's short story The Lottery & haven't read it since high school. Hope her novel is just as good!

Yvonne said...

Nice list off books!