Wednesday, February 16, 2011

WWW: Wednesdays


WWW: Wednesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

To play along, just answer the following three questions....

*What are you currently reading?
*What did you just recently finish reading?
*What do you think you'll read next?

Current:
Something New by P. G. Wodehouse "Wanted--Young Man of Good Appearance who is poor and reckless to undertake delicate and dangerous enterprise. Good pay for the right man." That enticing ad is sufficient to precipitate Ashe Marson, a Young Man of Good Appearance (who also happens to be poor and reckless), into the drafty halls of Blandings Castle, where he will try to make "something new" of his life by purloining a rare Egyptian scarab--all for the best motives, of course. The resultant hilarious romp through a stately English country home in search of the missing piece also introduces other characters who recur throughout Wodehouse's Blandings Castle saga.

Finished Since Last Wednesday (click titles for reviews):
Lord of Misrule
by Jaimy Gordon
Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald: An American Woman's Life by Linda Wagner-Martin
The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippmann

Up Next:
Zubin Mehta: the Score of My Life by Zubin Mehta (even though I'm reading the Zelda book for my "Z" in the A-Z Reading Challenge...this one looks so good, I think I'll read it too)
The Thornthwaite Inheritance by Gareth P Jones (I saw this out on the interwebs and decided to order it up at the Library. It looks really good.)


2 comments:

CMash said...

OK..do you take a "reading vitamin lol?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to look at your review of the Zelda Fitzgerald book as I imagine she was an interesting person. Also I bet the P.G. Wodehouse book is excellent. I love Jeeves :)