Thursday, February 24, 2011

Theme Thursday: Touch


Hosted by Reading Between the Pages


RULES:
* A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
* Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
* Post it and don’t forget to mention the author and the title of the book
* Since we may take a few days to finish a book, this event is open for one whole week

This week's theme is TOUCH. Here's mine from You Can Die Laughing by A. A. Fair (aka Erle Stanley Gardner) [p. 30]:

Corning started to say something, checked himself, threw me to one side over against Bertha's desk, twisted the knob, yanked the door open and stalked out of the office.



10 comments:

Playing Librarian said...

What a character Corning is!

kavyen said...

Heehee.. he must be really powerful to throw someone like that.

Shirley said...

I love the title of this book!!! Great "touch" tidbit! Thanks for visiting My Bookshelf. I look forward to a review of You Can Die Laughing!

Gigi Ann said...

Oh that is funny. What a way to get touched.

fredamans said...

Very cool teaser! Congrats on winning last week!

Unknown said...

Well that's touching too of course haha. Not the way I liked to be touch to be honest. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

I think I'd only make him mad once!

Cat said...

What fun reading all the different interpretations. Sounds like someone is having a hissy fit in yours.

Yvonne said...

That's a great snippet!

Buffy said...

I'm glad it wasn't me he was throwing!

Here's mine:

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2011/02/theme-thursdays-touch-redemption-by.html