Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT particpants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's mine from The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman (p. 6):

"Remember how you used to say you would love to take time off just to read and watch movies?" Crow asked her now, continuing to bustle around the room, putting a vase of flowers on the mantle, then moving them to the windowsill. For a straight man, he was alarmingly in touch with his inner Martha Stewart.

9 comments:

CMash said...

I have seen this book around bloggyland..not sure is I should put on my bucket list so will wait for your review to make my final decision. Are you ok lol not a classic? lol

Bev Hankins said...

I may have a fever...maybe I should go home. Lol.

Beth F said...

I like Lippman -- must get to this.

fredamans said...

Some guys are savvy and creative without being gay. He has tastes is all.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday_15.html

Bev Hankins said...

@fredamans: the phrase "inner Martha Stewart" just struck me funny...had to share.

gautami tripathy said...

Wonderful teaser, this! Will check it out!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: Voltaire's Calligrapher by Pablo De Santis

Buffy said...

I'm pretty sure I don't have an inner Martha Stewart. :)

Here's mine:


http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesdays-cat-running-by-zilpha.html

Bev Hankins said...

@Buffy: I KNOW I don't have an inner Martha Stewart!

jlshall said...

Love the teaser! I've been meaning to read something by Laura Lippmann for ages. Maybe this year.