Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays


MizB of Should Be Reading hosts Teaser Tuesdays. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

*Grab your current read.
*Open to a random page.
*Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! You don't want to spoil the book for others.
*Share the title and author too, so other TT particpants can add it to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Here's mine from The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katherine Green (p. 101):

That the guilty person for whom Eleanore Leavenworth stood ready to sacrifice herself was one for whom she had formerly cherished affection, I could no longer doubt; love or the strong sense of duty growing out of love, being alone sufficient to account for such determined action.

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one sounds very tempting....and emotional. Thanks for sharing.

Here's my TEASER TUESDAYS

Audra said...

I have this on my TBR for later this year -- both for my Victorian Lit reading challenge as well as a crime fiction one! Great teaser!

fredamans said...

Sounds beautifully written and with a thick plot.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2011/02/teaser-tuesday_08.html

Lori said...

I hope you are enjoying your book. Here is my Teaser for Tuesday.

jlshall said...

Excellent teaser. I've got this one on my list for this year, too. Sounds like a great vintage mystery.

Playing Librarian said...

Sounds like a great book. Hope you're enjoying it.