Thursday, May 31, 2012

May Wrapup & Pick of the Month

I am continuing my monthly statistic-gathering and combining that wrap-up post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.




My May totals are down yet again, but still looking good. And Goodreads says I'm actually" two books ahead."  I'm not going to argue with Goodreads.  Here we go...

Total Books Read: 18
Total Pages:  4,353
Percentage by Female Authors:  56%

Percentage by US Authors:  56%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors:  6%
Percentage Mystery: 78%
Percentage Fiction: 100%
Percentage written 2000+: 6%
Percentage of Rereads: 0%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.}  

Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 7 (22%)



AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month.  This month I read 14 books that count as mysteries and, of those, I handed out three four-star ratings (no five stars this time 'round) to The Morning After Death by Nicholas Blake, Such Friends Are Dangerous by Walter Tyrer, and So Many Steps to Death by Agatha Christie.  If I can only pick one to highlight, then I'd like to draw your attention to the Tyrer book. It's nice character study for the small village murder.  It came highly recommended by
John over at Pretty Sinister Books, and he was right on the money.  Click on the title for my full review.

3 comments:

fredamans said...

Awesome stats! Happy June reading!

Red said...

Amazing, yet again. So much reading and a good amount of female authors. Plus no rereads. So impressive!

TracyK said...

Bev,
I have been amazed at how many books you can read in a month. I try not to be envious. I read your review of Such Friends are Dangerous, and it does sound like a vintage mystery to try (to find and read).