Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading.
A better reading week than I thought...It seems like I've been reading King Solomon's Mines forever.


Books Read (click on titles for review):
The Cat Who Saw Red by Lilian Jackson Braun
The Lady in the Loch by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough 
The Inn at Lake Devine by Elinor Lipman 
So Many Steps to Death by Agatha Christie 
The Strange World of Mr. Mum by Irving W. Phillips

 

Currently Reading:
King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard: When first published (1885), it was an enormous popular success. The narrative follows the explorations of Allan Quartermain, an elephant hunter turned fortune hunter who travels to Africa in search of an ancient treasure and a lost explorer.

Books that spark my interest:
Pearls Before Swine by Margery Allingham
A Slip of the Tong by Charles Goodrum 
New Graves at Great Norne by Henry Wade

10 comments:

Kevin R. Tipple said...

Currently reading FORCE OF NATURE by C. J. Box.

dollycas aka Lori said...

Next year I am going to work Agatha back into my reading schedule. I miss those stories.

Have a wonderful week!

Judith / Leeswammes said...

I haven't read any of your books - hope you're enjoying them!

Irene Palfy said...

again: I am highly impressed by all those reviews you do - and books you read.. hope you'll enjoy all your reads! Have a lovely week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, an impressive week! And some intriguing titles for this week. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

Unknown said...

Oh, oh, oh! Read Pearls Before Swine!!! It's one of my favorites! Another favorite, which precedes PBS, is Traitor's Purse. I love Campion!

Unknown said...

Oh, oh, oh! Read Pearls Before Swine!!! It's one of my favorites! Another favorite, which precedes PBS, is Traitor's Purse. I love Campion!

Lindsey said...

King Solomon's Mines sounds like a fun read. I hope you are enjoying it!

The Brunette Librarian said...

Someone's in a mystery mood!! :) Have a great reading week!

What are YOU reading??

Bev Hankins said...

@The Brunette Librarian: I generally am in a mystery mood.... :-)