SCAM artist alert

Apparently there is someone calling themself "Luigi Calloway" out there who is claiming to be associated with the Mount TBR Reading Challenge. He is contacting authors and telling them if they pay him, then their books will be used for the challenge. It's possible he's also telling people they must pay to participate in any way. Please know that there is absolutely no charge associated in any way with this reading challenge and that this person does not represent me or anything associated with my blog. There will NEVER be a reason for anyone to have to pay for participation in any way for any of my challenges. If only people who exert this much time and effort on scamming people would put it into something worthwhile....like reading their own books!

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Challenge Complete: Bucket List 2012


The 2012 "Bucket List" Reading Challenge was the challenge to sign up for if YOU have a list of books that you are dying to read but just haven't gotten to them yet. The Rules are simple for this challenge and The Eclectic Bookshelf has included a couple of sample "Bucket" Lists to provide a good starting point. If you'd like to join in, click on the Challenge Button above to head to the site.**

As you can see, I jumped in for the Semi level (13+ books). Here are the books I used to complete the challenge:

1. Prayers to Broken Stones by Dan Simmons (1/14/12)
2. The First Men in the Moon by H. G. Wells (2/3/12)
3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (2/14/12)
4. Nothing Can Rescue Me by Elizabeth Daly (2/18/12)
5. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (2/29/12)
6. The Curious Cape Cod Skull by Marie Lee (3/21/12)
7. The Rose Window & Other Verse from New Poems by Rainer Maria Rilke (3/22/12)
8. The So Blue Marble by Dorothy B. Hughes (3/24/12)
9. A Sprig of Sea Lavender by J. R. L. Anderson (3/31/12)
10. The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett (4/4/12)
11. The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart (4/14/12)
12. The Gemini Man by Susan Kelly (4/15/12)
13. Dracula by Bram Stoker (4/25/12)
14. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (5/4/12)

 **Please note: The Eclectic Bookshelf site is now defunct and it appears that she has left blogging altogether.  But--I still finished the challenge, even though I can't tell her so.

2 comments:

Marce said...

Well Done, I have only read Dracula, my first time reading last year.

I hadn't heard of this Challenge but I did join one of her others, I didn't realise she had stopped blogging :-(

Jean said...

Hooray for you! :)