Thursday, May 31, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: What Would You Write?

btt button Booking Through Thursday says:
 
A while ago, I interviewed my readers for a change, and my final question was, “What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask?” I got some great responses and will be picking out some of the questions from time to time to ask the rest of you. Like now.
If you could write a book, what would it be about, and why? (Though, of course, some of you already HAVE.)
Well, as a matter of fact, I have.  Not published.  Not quite ready to try to publish.  But working towards it.  And...it's an academic mystery.  Set on a Midwestern university campus...with murder and mayhem in the halls of academe.  Why?  For one thing, I love mysteries.  If I have to pick a favorite genre, then that's it.  And they say write what you know and I work at a university--so I'm well-acquainted with the ins and outs of an academic department that might--with an imaginative push--result in murder.  I've still got a lot of polishing to do, but maybe one day you'll see Academic Poison (working title) sitting on a bookshelf (or out there on Amazon) and be tempted to pick it up.

12 comments:

wrathsqueen said...

I'm loving the sound of it! I would definitely pick it up.

Cathy De Los Santos said...

Sounds like it's going to be a great story. I love mystery books and movies. The whole who done it and I love it when I'm totally wrong in the end! Thanks for answering my question and stopping by!
Cathy @ Addicted to Books

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great story.

CMash said...

WTG!! Do I get dibs to review it? Maybe you can do a tour with Partners In Crime Tours lol.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun one. You should definitely try to get it published :)

http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/05/booking-through-thursday_31.html

Bev Hankins said...

@CMash: I don't know...I don't think I can do enough of the thriller element for you. You know I don't like that kind of thing. lol.

Barbara H. said...

That does sound really interesting! And your experience would make it real and authentic.

Small Blonde Hippy said...

Good luck with it. I hope to see it published someday. Thanks for vising my blog and have a wonderful week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What an exciting mystery that would be! I do believe that writing about the places and people we know is the best place to go.

Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

Yvonne said...

I'd want to write a mystery, too. I'd definitely want to read yours!

Carol said...

Looking forward to seeing it on the shelves. After a couple of years in academia, I felt like murdering someone myself. Great subject.

Karen said...

I love mysteries. Hope we all get to see yours one day!