ATTENTION CHALLENGE PARTICIPANTS


The First Round of Super Book Password (Jan/Feb: Famous Person) is rapidly coming to a close. Ryan and Debbie still have open clues---come check out the clues given and see if you can guess the Passwords! Click photo in the sidebar for links.


Some of Bev's Favorite Quotes...



Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday 56


The Friday 56 is a bookish meme sponsored by Freda's Voice. It's really easy to participate.

*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it up at Freda's site.

Here's mine from We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson [there was nothing on page 56 of my edition, so I have decided to go with page 55]:

I can't help it when people are frightened; I always want to frighten them more.


8 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I have been hearing about this book for years but have never read it. After the teaser, I'm not sure I want to. I really don't like scary. But...happy reading!

Kelsey said...

Oh my! That is one scary person!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Ummmm, sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Just Books
http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/friday-book-memes.html

Tea said...

I've never heard it put that way. Fascinating.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2011/02/friday-56.html

fredamans said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do... scare the bejeezus out of a scaredy cat!

Thanks for participating!

vvb32 reads said...

what a naughty character!

Yvonne said...

Yikes! Sounds like a scary person!

Janet Ruth said...

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.