I have just completed The 2011 TBR Pile Challenge sponsored by Adam from Roof Beam Reader. Here's the main point: having joined the challenge, I signed up to read 12 books (one for each month) from my TBR list. Each of these books must have been on my TBR list for AT LEAST one year. None of the books can have a publication date of 1/1/10 or later. I restricted myself even further and only used books that I have actually had on my physical TBR shelf for at least a year. Anything which I bought in 2010 was not allowed. It was beginning to look like I wasn't going to manage those twelve books after all--too many other challenges getting in the way. But I am pleased to announce success!
Here's my list of books completed:
1. The Silk Stocking Murders by Anthony Berkeley (1928) [finished 2/19/11]
2. The Best of Mystery by Alfred Hitchcock (1986) [finished 7/9/11]
3. Time to be in Earnest by P. D. James [autobiography] (1999) [finished 1/18/11]
4. Therapy by David Lodge (1995) [finished 7/3/11]
5. The High Crusade by Poul Anderson (1960) [finished 11/25/11]
6. Middlemarch by George Eliot (first serialized 1871) [finished 9/27/11]
7. Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford (2001) [finished 11/19/11]
8. Emma by Jane Austen (1815) [finished 1/9/11]
9. The Last Defender of Camelot by Roger Zelazny (1980) [finished 3/19/11]
10. Tristram Shandy by Laurence Sterne (1759-61, published in four volumes) [5/24/11]
11. Leave It to Psmith by P. G. Wodehouse (1923) [finished 3/2/11]
12. The Detections of Dr. Sam Johnson by Lillian de la Torre (1984) [6/19/11]
Alternates (in case I just can't finish a couple)
Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon (1860) [finished 8/24/11)The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katherine Green (1878) [finished 2/8/11]
Congratulations!! Knew you could do it!! WTG!
Good for you - this is an achievement to boast about!
I'm in on this challenge for next year - hope I will do as well.
Post a Comment